THE TEA ROOMS
The Old Laundry Tearooms have been an integral part of the snowdrop openings during FEBRUARY with the famous homemade cakes and homegrown pork sausages ! Serving simple lunches, coffee and a variety of specialist Dragon Fly teas.
We are sorry but we do not serve Fast Food, we serve delicious food as fast as we can. Please be patient when we are busy.
....... THE THING IS - YOU ARE VISITING A GARDEN WITH A TEA ROOM - NOT A RESTAURANT WITH A GARDEN !!
A PEEK AT OUR MENU - all under £10.00
(This is subject to change throughout the month)
BAKED POTATOES - filled with: tuna, cheddar cheese, and the famous Welford Sausages (prices vary with fillings)
SOUP - homemade vegetable with a corn bread bap, and varies from day to day (£5.00)
SPECIALITY DE MAISON - a bap filled with two Welford sausages (£4.50)
Should you want an a la carte menu we highly recommend
THE BLACKBIRD, Bagnor www.theblackbird.co.uk. a very small cosy family run pub (no table larger than 10) for a really delicious a la carte, children and dogs welcome. As it is so tiny we highly recommend booking. Follow signs from Newbury to The Watermill Theatre, and it is on your right.
THE PHEASANT, Shefford Woodlands, RG17 7AA, a charming village inn recently refurbished to create a relaxed and elegant bar and restaurant. Foodies will be impressed by the daily delivery of fish from Cornwall plus the finest local game and vegetables including the famous Welford sausages. A fantastic bar stocked with 70 wines and 35 gins ! To top it off there are 11 stylish bedrooms to crash in if the journey is too much. Just off Junction 14, M4, 5 mins from Welford Park. Booking essential. www.thepheasant-inn.co.uk 01488 648 284
The QUEEN'S ARMS, East Garston is a special favourite of ours
and for that Michelin Star very special lunch - THE WOODSPEEN at Bagnor
PLEASE BE AWARE :
ALL products may contain traces of :
Nuts Peanuts Egg Milk Mustard Celery and other allergens. We go to alot of trouble to research all allergen content in our food , so please do enquire when placing your lunch order.
Gluten free bread is sometimes available upon request at an extra charge as it is SO expensive to buy.
Our gluten free bread may contain mild traces of gluten as we do not have a gluten free kitchen. But we do serve it in its individual wrapping that it arrived here in !
The Welford Food Policy:
1. We pride ourselves on using only homemade or locally sourced produce in our tearooms.
2. The pork sausages are sourced from Welford Farms where we have a small holding of free range pigs to ensure the meat we serve is healthy and nutritious. We sell our Pork Products in the gift shop and online.
3. Our food is professionally prepared to the highest standards.
4. Our very young table wipers are children of the waitresses etc . We have very strict age related policies as to what tasks are suitable, and whole local families are able to get involved. We hope that by employing so many young from our surrounding villages we are giving them the life skills and experience needed for future employment.
5. Our staff are trained carefully by us, and anyone involved in actually handling and cooking the food holds a current Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate. All staff are expected to smile, serve and look after our valued customers to the best of their abilities.
6. Our tearooms consist of the main inside building with two seating areas which lead into our famous gift shop and a heated tent outside. Our heated tent serves the same menu, offering a dog and pushchair friendly zone . We take the issue of allergies seriously, but we are not even pretending to be a professional restaurant and do not have the resources to be one. This is NOT a NUT free or GLUTEN FREE kitchen.
7. We have just been awarded 5 stars from the Environmental Health & Licensing Department at West Berkshire Council.
We hope you have a lovely day with us.
Welford Snowdrop Gardens