THE TEA ROOMS
The Old Laundry Tearooms have been an integral part of the snowdrop openings during FEBRUARY with the famous homemade cakes and homegrown pork sausages ! Serving simple lunches, coffee and a variety of specialist Dragon Fly teas.
We are sorry but we do not serve Fast Food, we serve delicious food as fast as we can. Please be patient when we are busy.
....... THE THING IS - YOU ARE VISITING A GARDEN WITH A TEA ROOM - NOT A RESTAURANT WITH A GARDEN !!
A PEEK AT OUR MENU - all under £10.00
(This is subject to change throughout the month)
BAKED POTATOES - filled with: tuna, cheddar cheese, and the famous Welford Sausages (prices vary with fillings)
SOUP - homemade vegetable and varies from day to day (£5.00)
SPECIALITY DE MAISON - a bap filled with two Welford sausages (£4.50)
TODAYS SPECIAL - this varies day to day - macaroni with blue cheese ; a yorkshire pudding stuffed with mustard mash and Welford sausages, served with a choice of green peas or baked beans
Should you want an a la carte menu we highly recommend
THE PHEASANT, Shefford Woodlands, RG17 7AA, a charming village inn recently refurbished to create a relaxed and elegant bar and restaurant. Foodies will be impressed by the daily delivery of fish from Cornwall plus the finest local game and vegetables including the famous Welford sausages. A fantastic bar stocked with 70 wines and 35 gins ! To top it off there are 11 stylish bedrooms to crash in if the journey is too much. Just off Junction 14, M4, 5 mins from Welford Park. Booking essential. www.thepheasant-inn.co.uk 01488 648 284
THE QUEENS ARMS HOTEL, EAST GARSTON 01488 648757 is a welcoming country pub and is completely delicious - and of course serve Welford Farm sausages - if you collect a note from the snowdrop gift shop and present it to the bar your first drink will be FREE !!
PLEASE BE AWARE :
ALL products may contain traces of :
Nuts Egg Milk Mustard Celery
Gluten free bread is sometimes available upon request.
Our gluten free bread may contain mild traces of gluten as we do not have a gluten free kitchen. But we do use a separate preparation board, so we are doing our best !
The Welford Food Policy:
1. We pride ourselves on using only homemade or locally sourced produce in our tearooms.
2. The ham, and pork sausages are all sourced from Welford Farms where we have a small holding of free range pigs to ensure the meat we serve is healthy and nutritious. We sell our Pork Products in the gift shop and online.
3. Our food is professionally prepared to the highest standards.
4. Our very young table wipers are children of the waitresses etc . We have very strict age related policies as to what tasks are suitable, and whole local families are able to get involved. We hope that by employing so many young from our surrounding villages we are giving them the life skills and experience needed for future employment.
5. Our staff are trained carefully by us, and anyone involved in actually handling and cooking the food holds a current Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate. All staff are expected to smile, serve and look after our valued customers to the best of their abilities.
6. Our tearooms consist of the main inside building with two seating areas which lead into our famous gift shop and a heated tent outside. Our heated tent serves the same menu, offering a dog and pushchair friendly zone . We take the issue of allergies seriously, but we are not even pretending to be a professional restaurant and do not have the resources to be one. This is NOT a NUT free or GLUTEN FREE kitchen.
We hope you have a lovely day with us.
Welford Snowdrop Gardens